Girls Gone Wild

October 09, 2009 | Published in | 2 comments

I'm currently bumming at JFK waiting for my flight to Boston to take off at about 9AM. I am never ever taking another red eye again; I do not function well on about 2 hours of sleep. Urgh.

I had a productive day yesterday. American Apparel came to UCSD and I had class from 8AM - 2PM. So, I was only able to go from 2PM onwards. Fair enough. I was gutted, but still. The thing ran from 9AM to 8PM. Anyway, I decided to try my luck at lunchtime, hoping against hope that there'd be no queue. Suffice to say that when I got there, there was a queue that sort of looked like this:

This photo was, however, taken when I eventually and painfully got to the front after about 1 and a 1/2 very hungry hours later.

I was quite pleased with the choices. I wasn't lucky enough to snag the dresses, but I got myself these things:

Not quite what I got. I got a blue and purple cardigan that I think may be reallly old. Anyway. The girls went fucking insane over the women's version of this cardigan. The split second the poor AA sales staff unleashed the rack into the crowd, about 384 girls swarmed around the rack and took about 10 pieces per person only to throw about 9 or 10 back onto the rack. I worry for the future of humanity.

Blue chambray jumpsuit with a few holes in it. Whatever - I'll rock it. It was only $12! As opposed to $48.

Coral bandeau bodysuit. I love this bandeau style, it's the most versatile piece on the planet.


SHINY SATIN JACKET! It looks a lot better on a person than it does here, trust me.

3 of these. Just because they were 3 for $12.

I would've spent something like $250 had I bought it all in store. But the grand total came up to about $60 for all these things ^^ They sure know how to please broke students.

2 Responses

  1. lynnette says:
    11 October 2009 at 06:16

    Ahhh omggg this sounds incredible. Haha i dunno if I would've managed to not morph into a shrieking/10 AA tops grabbing/mad shopping obsessed biatch had I been there!! :PPP

    It just looks too good to be true! How often does AA do this anyway? Is it sort of a way for them to clear out old stocks or something? And every other week they're at a different college in the U.S?? SIGH... <3<3<3

    I wanna see some photos of the stuff you got!! XDD on or off you haha.

    btw, I've started a new blog! :p I haven't officially announced it on my current blog but am going to be discontinuing the current one so... decided to tell you first! :P

    yup new blog address->

    http://detailsofthefabric.blogspot.com

  2. denise - SUPERWOWOMG says:
    13 October 2009 at 20:57

    hahaha swarms of uni girls at AA...typical no? but glad to see your scored some great stuff!! I looove that jumpsuit...would be impossible fo rme to wear though..what with being all short fat and stumpy haha
    show us how you wear it kkkk?