Vegetarians

August 30, 2009 | Published in | 1 comments

This cropped up on my "Quote of the Day" corner in iGoogle:

"I'm not a vegetarian because I love animals; I'm a vegetarian because I hate plants." - A Whitney Brown

This is a striking commentary on my relationship with vegetarianism and other so-called "principles", particularly my flaky relationship with those who insist on imposing their values on me. I've been called "immoral" to my face and yes I am hardly the regular sort of "demure" girl next door although I look about 12 IRL. I've quit a lot of my previous inveterate habits, but I think I'm allowed to indulge once in a while, you know? It's amusing how people can be so self-righteous sometimes. I don't think what I do affects anyone in any sort of way. I am a filial child who studies hard; family and friends are my number one priorities in life and what I do is irrelevant. I know what I'm doing most days and if it is a mistake, then so be it.

I'll learn.

Btw, I like vegetables because they don't have any added fat content if eaten raw :)

1 Responses to “Vegetarians”

  1. denise - SUPERWOWOMG says:
    31 August 2009 at 20:28

    love the quote. it's hard for me to be vegetarian..not cos i love meat too much but because I'm soooooooooooo picky with vegetables. I hate 90% of western veggies (like carrots, tomatos, avocados etc) and I only like certain chinese veggies if they're cooked the right way haha