Oh Make Me Over

August 29, 2009 | Published in | 2 comments

I suspect I may have overdone the skin care product shopping today in a shameless bid to prettify my face.

My skin reacts terribly to the heat, so I am prone to breakouts every now and then. In colder climates, my skin is well and lovely and rosy. Hence, since I am going to SoCal soon, I felt the urgent need to arm myself with a shitload of facial cleansers and toners and who knows what else.

Sometime this week, the surge in hormones combined with the tempestuous tropical weather exacerbated the Bad Skin situation and I simply panicked. Die, sebaceous cysts, die! I quickly ran to the department store today to grab myself an exorbitant amount of money's worth of skin care products, which includes a trial SK-II pack  (deemed "miraculous" by a number of Asian women), L'oreal whitening essence and toner (because I had no more money left after SK-II) and more Aesop stuff. Clearly, I have not found the solution to cure my adolescent-esque skin. The woes of being a female in the 21st century. 

I took a giant leap today and finally purchased mineral powder foundation after 21 years of not wearing foundation. Hurray for me and my new best friend Vanity! :D

2 Responses

  1. Aimi says:
    29 August 2009 at 19:36

    tell me if that works. colder climate does the opposite for me, stupid dirty london air!

  2. Unknown says:
    30 August 2009 at 08:26

    annabel! don't use the mineral foundation thingy...i heard it makes your skin worse.