Statistically Speaking

August 16, 2008 | Published in | 0 comments

As I sit here, wiping the sleep from my eyes, I wonder what the chances of me going out and bumping into someone I know. Used to know. Same difference. Statistically speaking, probably quite low. But there are some days when you feel that gods of Chance are at work. What Twoface said in Batman - that there is no God, only Chance - is probably quite untrue. Why? If Chance can be equated to God, then surely there must be an antithesis to Chance. Which is what? The gods of Pre-Determination? Fate, then, surely? Some people believe you can determine your own fate, whereas others just let Fate take its course. Hah. Well. Me. I think Fate and Chance only come into play when you've done everything right and somehow everything else manages to fuck up for no rhyme or reason. Then only do you question the existence of such factors. When everything is going swell, nobody questions God or Fate or Chance. Hardly anyone counts their blessings. Maybe that's something everyone should aim toward, you know? Just so you won't feel like a loser when statistics don't favour you.

0 Responses